"I usually do not send a thank you for a thank you to our thank you (fugure that out) but I will add to Rochelle's note and say that our vacation with you was one of our best trips, and we have visited and lived in several countries."
Michael Cohen, Indianapolis, Indiana
Fall Colour Aurora Borealis Tour
Required participants: Min. 2 / Max. 12
August 21, 2014
September 11, 2014
Available Departure Dates
FCA 01/2014: August 22, 2014 - August 25, 2014
FCA 02/2014: August 28, 2014 - September 1, 2014
FCA 03/2014: September 4, 2014 - September 8, 2014
FCA 04/2014: September 11, 2014 - September 15, 2014
Price for 2 – 12 paying customers / double occupancy
| CAD $1375 (USD $1298
| CAD $300 (USD $283
* Prices per person based on double occupancy, 5% GST extra
** All transactions are in Canadian dollars
- Airport transfers in Whitehorse
- 4 nights accommodation in Whitehorse
- 3 nights of guided aurora viewing including hot drinks & snacks at a heated viewing facility
- All transportation as per itinerary
- City Tour of Whitehorse
- Guided day trip to Haines Junction and Kluane National Park
- BBQ at Muktuk Kennels
- Taxes, fees and licenses
- Experienced driver / guide for the duration of the tour
Experience the Yukon Indian Summer during the day and watch the northern lights at night.
We'll welcome you at the airport and transfer you to the Best Western Gold Rush Inn in downtown Whitehorse. The Hotel is located within walking distance of all attractions, restaurants, banks and stores. Afterwards there is time for shopping and dinner on your own. At 10.30 pm we’ll depart for our first night of aurora viewing. A cozy, heated cabin with hot drinks and snacks makes your northern lights viewing even more enjoyable. Return to hotel around 3.00 am.
Sleep in the morning.10.00 am city tour with Main Street, Train Depot of the White Pass and Yukon Route, Log Skyscraper, Log Church, Sternwheeler SS Klondike, Fish ladder, Schwatka Lake and some residential areas. In the afternoon you'll have time to explore Whitehorse on your. By 10:30 pm we'll drive out of town to view the Aurora Borealis. We'll return to the hotel around 3:00 am.^TOP
We leave in the morning from your hotel and drive on the Alaska Highway to Haines Junction and Kluane National Park. After a scenic 2 hour drive we'll arrive at the park centre in Haines Junction. We’ll get the chance to examine geological, as well as anthropological exhibits and watch an interesting slide show. In the afternoon there will be a guided walk in Kluane National Park.
On the way back to Whitehorse we’ll stop at Muktuk Kennels for a dog mushing experience. You will meet 100 Huskies and Frank Turner, a former participant of the famous Yukon Quest Dog Sled Race, who will introduce you to dog mushing. In the meantime Anne, his wife, has prepared a delicious BBQ and you will eat in the unique atmosphere of a professional dog kennel. At around 7:00 pm we drive you back to Whitehorse to your hotel. Optional aurora viewing tour in the evening.
There is the option to go on a day trip to Skagway in Alaska or spend the day on your own in and around Whitehorse. At 10:30 pm we’ll leave for the third night of aurora viewing.
Optional day tour: Skagway Coach/Train Combo with Whitepass & Yukon Railway: http://www.wpyr.com/whitehorse.html
Transfer to the airport for your flight home.
- Meals and beverages except where specifically noted
- Tip for guide
- Optional night of aurora viewing on Saturdays (CAD$ 125.00 + GST per person)
- Optional day trip to Skagway on Sundays (http://www.wpyr.com/whitehorse.html) - offered daily until September 7th, 2012
- Trip cancellation & medical insurance: We strongly recommend you purchase adequate
insurance coverage at the time of booking. Your policy should cover injury, illness or death, trip
cancellation, emergency medical, search & rescue, flight accident, travel accident, loss of
baggage and personal effects.
- On this tour there is a possibility that there may be last-minute changes to the itinerary due to
the nature of the excursion. We may experience unforeseen delays due to weather or other
reasons. We'll do our best to provide an alternate program of equivalent importance and value,
and of a similar nature.
- Please make sure you have all necessary documents for entry into the USA! Conditions
change on short notice and Northern Tales Travel assumes no liability, if you are denied entry
Available Optional Day Tour Add-ons: